SUMMER INTERNSHIP – Position requires an individual capable of researching, writing, and producing multiple forms of new media in a team environment. The small team will work on campus on various projects with the expectation of timely delivery of materials. Audio. Written. Video. Location: Indiana, PA
- Dr. Lenze will be out of the office Friday, April 6th, touring The Washington Center in D.C.
- We are still accepting application for unaffiliated internships, but we can’t guarantee they will be approved in time.
- Applications to affiliated internship sites will be accepted until 4 pm on April 16, 2016.
- Remember, you must submit a hand-signed site offer form and an application! Steps 5 and 6 of the Step by Step process!
Dr. Lenze will be out of the office on Friday, April 6, 2018 to visit and tour The Washington Center. He will not have access to email. You may submit paperwork on Friday for internships but you will not hear anything back until next week.
We are still accepting Site Offer Forms and Applications for both unaffiliated and affiliated internships. The deadline has passed for unaffiliated internships so there is no guarantee they will be approved but we will do our best to expedite the process.
If you have questions, contact Dr. Lenze or stop by his office.
I’m starting to get email rejections from students who have full email accounts. We discussed this in COMM 395! Clean out your email so you can receive updates on your internship.
Today is the last day you may submit an unaffiliated internship application and expect it to be approved in time to start your internship. Please keep in mind that your internship must also meet the guidelines we have discussed such as it must be communications media related, it must be on site and it must be supervised by a communications media professional with the title or training you are seeking.
That said, the department will continue to accept applications for unaffiliated internships and process them as quickly as possible in the hope that it can be approved in time; but there are no guarantees!
Please stop by 127 Stouffer Hall, have some coffee, and let’s talk if you are still looking for an internship!
As we near the April 2nd deadline, there are misconceptions we need to clear up.
- There are no 6 credit internships. You may only complete a 9 credit internship.
- The internship must be related to communications media. Getting a job is not an internship. Your work must be related to our field in some way and it must be work that requires a high level of college education to perform.
- The Site Offer Form must be signed by hand. Your site can not print its name and initials on the form. It must be signed, preferably with blue ink. Same with the initials, the third page must be initialed by hand.
- April 2nd is not the day by which your site must be affiliated. It is the date by which you must submit your paperwork if you are going to intern with an unaffiliated site. There is a huge difference!
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA, US
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
The following internship opportunity is within the Events Department of Entercom Radio Pittsburgh. The intern will report directly to Senior Events Manager. The goal is for the intern to learn the various aspects of event planning within the media industry and to be mentored in the area of events from planning to follow-through. In addition the intern will have the opportunity to see how other departments work within the company.
Overview of Internship duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assist in the research, planning, coordination and implementation of events for the Entercom Radio Pittsburgh Cluster
- Assist in planning of event timelines
- Attend meetings related to event planning
- Research ideas for additional activities onsite at events and execute opportunities
- Attend all scheduled events period applicable during the internship period
- Copywriting, editing and proofing materials related to event promotion including on-air announcements, web and social media content
- Create Recap and overview of event with assistance from the Events Manager that will include photos, promotional mentions and event details
- Maintain a weekly log of activities at radio station/or copy those required by college or university.
- At least 18 years old
- Must receive course credit for internship
- Minimum commitment of 12+ weeks at least 3 days a week
- Availability to work on a varied schedule that includes evenings and weekends on event dates
- Reliable transportation to station and event sites
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- Ability to take direction
- Must have exceptional attitude and a desire to learn
Entercom [Pittsburgh] is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are planning on attending the Etiquette Dinner, please remember to register by March 23. You can call 724-357-2235 to register.
The CPDC Team
If you are arrested for any reason it will be very difficult to find an internship for you and if you already have an internship the site would be well within their rights to terminate it. If you are caught on camera appearing disorderly or publically drunk, or interviewed saying something offensive to the site, they are also well within their rights to terminate the internship.
I strongly urge you to avoid all IUPatty’s events this weekend! The fun is not worth your career!