When I was a kid the idea of going far away to college was always something that I wanted to do but it wasn’t for a good reason. The reason why I wanted to go to college far away was because I wanted to be far away from my family. I didn’t want to be away for a bad reason my mind state was just that i do better on my own and I couldn’t wait to grow up. But after being away from home for so long I realized I didn’t want to be that way anymore because I was lonely at times.

Whenever I got to come home from college for the holiday breaks it’s always a good thing because I get to catch up with my family and friends that I haven’t seen in months or maybe even years. I get to see what’s new around my city which is Philadelphia, Pa. But ever since my freshman year; just after a few days of being on the holiday break I always ended up asking myself why did I come home? Or when is this break over so I can go back to school? I realized that I was asking myself these questions because I got so used to being on my own and doing things for myself. So when I got back home and still had to do other people in my house chores or getting in trouble for something I didn’t do i just got fed up and wanted to be as far away as possible.

But now that i’m 23 and this is my last year of college I keep asking myself what do I have to do move back home faster and I was asking myself this question because I realized everything wasn’t the same anymore for example my roommates were graduating and leaving, and when I was back on my own I realized that I really miss my family and friends and should appreciate all the time I have with them. So I made it a plan for me that everytime I come home for any break that I will see as many family and friends as I can before the break is over.

I stuck to that plan and when I came home I made sure that I got to see everybody that I wanted to, no matter if it was just for a couple minutes or a couple hours it could have been anything from going to see a movie with some friends to helping my grandma clean her house.I wanted people to know I still cared about them and I feel like that showed them.

Hey readers if any you have been through this type of phase in your life, maybe you can give me some insight on how you worked through it by leaving some comments down below. And when your done with that be sure to subscribe, leave a like, and share this post