Update On My Graphic Designing Career

Today, will be more of a personal topic. I began searching for different internships over the summer that I can do that involves graphic designing. I am addressing it today because I want my audience to really know the process I have been going through to achieve my dream career after college. I am interested in this topic because I feel like it is also a big step in my career.

Problems that I have found throughout my search for an internship is finding the most comfortable spot for me. I want to be able to have multiple offers so that I can choose the best one fitting for me instead of having one and potentially not liking it. Another problem for me is determining my location, I do not know yet if I want to stay close to home or search in a different location.

Solutions for me would be to really consult my adviser, and people that I know who have the best intentions for me. For me, I am a person that needs someone I can weigh my options out to and that they help me think about location and the next step of my career in different perspectives.

I viewed one in Indiana and two more in Maryland, and I filled out an application for all three of them in. I spoke to the two companies in Maryland and I liked what they had to say and what they were about, now I am just waiting to get back to school so I can talk to the different businesses in Indiana in person when I return for the spring semester. The business that I applied for in Maryland is a little ways from me but the other one is a lot closer.

Now, I have a question for the audience. Would you wait to fully commit to a certain company even though you felt like it would be a good spot for you, to finish talking to companies in Indiana so that you can weigh all your options, or commit to that company so that you have a definite place for your internship? Please feel free to answer below in the comments, I look forward to seeing your answers! Also please feel free to like and subscribe to my blog!