Average Salary

The topic for this blog will be the average annual salary for graphic designers. The average annual salary is what the average graphic designer makes on a yearly basis. It is including graphic designers who are just now starting, and seasoned workers. I am interested in this because it is a common question when finding a career for yourself. People tend to wonder “what is this career paying on average?” So why not explain it a little bit on here.

Some common problems with graphic designing is that starting out, the pay could potentially be low depending on where you are located. Some people believe that you can earn big money starting out, which you possibly could depending on yourself and having a good internship, experience, skills, etc. But for the majority, it is a pretty low starting job that you have to work your way up.

I have decided to do some research on the average salary in Indiana Pennsylvania and Maryland, and from what I found this is what I got. According to ZipRecruiter, the average annual salary of graphic designers in the state of Maryland is a range from $26,000 to $62,000. If I were to stay in Indiana Pa, the average salary would be approximately $34,024 according to CareerExplorer. As you can see, because there is not a range like ZipRecruiter has, you can’t really know the highs of Indiana Pa compared to Maryland

My opinion on this matter is that if you know starting out you will not receive as much money, to maybe choose a location better for you financially. Personally, Indiana or Maryland will be good starting points for me because I have family and friends in each area and I won’t struggle to find roommates. But I do not mind working my way up, because then that will make me feel the need to perform better so I can get that raise and increased salary.

My question to the audience is do you guys think that an average $34,000 is a good starting point? and would you take that salary, knowing you will have the opportunity to raise your salary? Please feel free to answer below in the comments, I look forward to your answers! Also please like and subscribe to my blog!