Selecting My Location

In this blog, I will be speaking about determining the location of where you want to begin your career. The location is where you can see yourself living potentially for the majority of your career, so it is something you should take into careful consideration. This is interesting for me because I have a lot of options of where I want to live whether it is in Pennsylvania, Maryland, or somewhere else.

The problem with selecting a location to work is the influence you have. If someone is in a relationship, then that could affect their location as well as their pay. Also if someone does not want to leave their family or friends, then it could affect their location and pay as well. The main problem with selecting your location are the sacrifices you possibly have to take. One could sacrifice there relationships and choose somewhere far but pays a lot more or choose somewhere close, and sacrifice there pay.

There are two different sides to this problem which to be honest, isn’t neither a wrong answer. If you want to go far for extra pay sacrificing your relationships, then that is a decision that you made believing that was for the best. If you want to sacrifice some extra pay to stay close to family and friends, then that is also your choice. Who knows, you could get a job offer close to home and great pay! But I believe that it is your decision and you can’t be wrong.

Personally, I have questions for myself that I ask when searching for a job. After graduation, do I plan on staying in Indiana or going back home? Is it a good fit for me? Is this a place I can see myself living in for potentially the rest of my life? For one, I do not know yet where I plan to stay so I would as they say, let life take me in the wind. If i find something worth staying it would be an opportunity I would definitely have to consider but on the flip side I have stayed in Maryland my whole life and that is where I am most comfortable and I can really see myself spending the rest of my life there.

If you were given the choice of being away from family and friends but earning a better pay, or staying near home but receiving less pay than if you left, which one would you choose and why? please feel free to comment below your answers, I look forward to hearing your answers and reasoning!  Also please feel free to like and subscribe to my blog!