Assimilation And Its Effects

My Topic for this blog post will be assimilation and when is the good time for it. Assimilation is when companies are keeping up with trends by using the same techniques that are becoming popular. I am addressing assimilation in graphic design because it is important for companies to know when and when not to use it.

The problem with assimilation is that if everyone else is beginning to copy the same trends, then there will be no difference in business between companies. Assimilation limits progress and makes design work seem less creditable. If it all looks the same, then it gives the impression that anyone could do it.

A solution to this problem would be to make sure your design is solving the problem at hand and to work towards a style that fits the project, instead of implementing the same style for all of them. You want your design to stand out and design to solve the problem that works best for the client.

My opinion on this topic is that trends are cool and all because it is what is popular at the time, but it is important for companies to remember that those trends die, and your clients will want what is best fit for the company. If everybody is doing the same trends, then it can negatively affect the industry as well and make your work seem less credible as well.

My question for the audience is what are new trends that you have seen becoming popular with a lot of people now a days? Is it an entertainment trend, industry trend, artistic trend or anything else? Please comment your answers below, I look forward to seeing your responses! Also please like and subscribe to my blog!