Finding Internships

Today, I will be speaking of the process of finding the right internship for you. An internship is a way for someone to gain experience in their profession by working under businesses specializing in there intended career. I am addressing this today because some people can struggle to find internships or can choose an internship  that does not fit for them and then they regret it. I am interested in this topic today because this is the next step of my life, and I want to try and help people so that they don’t make mistakes and end up losing interest as a result.

Common problems that come with finding internships is not taking the time to find the internship that will fit for you. If someone is trying to become a graphic designer, then it would not be best to choose an internship that focuses on accounting. Secondly, would be locations. Some internships could potentially be far away from you but it is the only business that is currently looking for internships.

The solution for this problem is just to really take the time in selecting your internship. One should begin searching for internships in there first half of college and really take the time to speak, interact, and ask questions with the managers and owners so that you can be in there mind when they do have openings for interns. On top of that, if you are speaking with them and learning more about there company and what they stand for, you will be able to get a better feeling if it is the right fit for you.

I am currently in the process of finding a comfortable internship as well. Currently I have begun to do my research on multiple companies and internship opportunities for not only Indiana, but for my home state of Maryland as well.  The next step for me is to find a company where I would feel the most comfortable at and the way I am searching is by if the company is a place where I can see myself starting a career here.For me, I want to find a business who are passionate about there work and are comfortable to be around.

For the audience, When did you have your first internship? And how did you fit in with your peers? Was a place you wanted to build a career at, or did you dislike it and couldn’t wait to leave? Please feel free to comment your answers below, I look forward to hearing your replies. Also, don’t forget to like and subscribe to my blog!