Tight Deadlines

My next topic will be tight deadlines. Tight deadlines are when a client rush designer to finish the project within an amount of time less than what is needed. I am addressing this because it is a real issue in the graphic designing business and can lead to mistakes or less creative work.

Problems that exist within tight deadlines are rushed work which can then lead to unsatisfied clients. And this is a big problem because with unsatisfied clients, could lead to less work for your business. Clients should be able to give flexible deadlines within a reasonable time so that they, there customers, and the designers feel satisfied.

The solution to tight deadlines should be clients are able to give deadlines that are comfortable for both parties. Client should reach out to the designers well before the time that they want to have their advertisements up. For graphic designers, if they are in the situation where they must work within a tight schedule, there best solution would be to assign new members temporarily to that project. So that way, the workload can be easier managed.

My opinion on the matter would be to charge clients a little more for giving tight deadlines, and especially for the ones where the deadlines seem unreasonable. Graphic designing is already difficult, but to rush our work makes it seem even harder. It would result in more hours, and the work potentially being rushed and not given much thought into the design.

My question for the audience is how would you handle clients giving you tight deadlines? Would it be a problem to you or not? Please comment your answers below. I look forward to reading your answers and please like and subscribe to my blog!