The Honors College Executive Board will be participating in Into the Streets this Saturday, October 20th and is looking for members of the Honors College who are interested in being a part of the team. This is a great way to earn service hours while helping us get the Honors College name out into the community. Please contact the Service Coordinator Madison Matello with any questions or with interest at email@example.com.
Volunteers are needed for the annual IUP Pink Out Football Game on October 27th. We need volunteers starting at 10:45 AM all the way through the end of the game. Volunteers can help as much or as little as they want. If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In association with the SEEDS Club, there will be a county-cleanup scheduled for this upcoming Sunday, October 21st. They will meet outside of Pratt Hall at 11 AM, and walk around picking up trash; bags and gloves will be provided. This will count as service hours! If you have any questions, contact Tyler Menichiello at email@example.com.
This Sunday. Fine Arts Event! Free! 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
FINE ARTS EVENT
Dennis Marsili, IUP Criminal Justice Training Center Director
Pearl Berman, IUP Psychology Department Chair
Joe Shyrock, IUP IT Services Senior Systems Analyst
Harry Schneider, Holocaust Survivors Speakers Bureau of Pittsburgh Chair/Holocaust Survivor
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Sutton Hall, Blue Room
Admissions officials from several law schools are coming to IUP to talk to students about their programs, and to answer student questions about law school. If you’re even casually considering law school, you should take this opportunity to find out about the kinds of programs that are available, and to find out what law schools are looking for in applicants.
- Widener University Delaware Law School (Wilmington, DE)
- Seton Hall Law School (Newark, NJ)
- Villanova Law (Villanova, PA)
- Saint Louis University School of Law (St. Louis, MO)
- St. Thomas Law (Miami Gardens, FL)
- Quinnipiac University School of Law (North Haven, CT)
- Duquesne University School of Law (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Penn State Law (State College, PA)
- Ohio Northern University School of Law (Ada, OH)
- Capital University Law School (Columbus, OH)
If you have done an internship and what to share your experiences with freshmen at tomorrow’s Wednesday Workshop from 11:15 – 12:05 in the Great Hall, contact Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- the purpose of a personal statement
- what admissions officials are looking for in a personal statement
- what types of information you should – and shouldn’t – include
- how to decide what to write about
- how to banish writer’s block and get started writing!
If these questions sound familiar, then this workshop’s for you.
Getting into Law School Workshop
Saturday, October 27, 2018
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
taught by Prof. Gwen Torges of the Political Science Department
You will learn:
- about the application process and the important deadlines
- what law school admissions officials are looking for
- strategies for getting the best possible letters of recommendation
- how to set yourself and your application apart from the crowd!
Send an email to email@example.com. Deadline to register is Thursday, October 25, 2018.