If you are interested in applying for financial support for study or service abroad, an internship, or any other academic enrichment that you can justify for the Summer of 2015, Fall of 2015 or Spring of 2016, now is the time to act.
Deadline for Achievement Fund Applications: February 20, 2015
Achievement Application Components
1. Cover sheet and Signature page
2. Personal statement (references below)
- Asher’s Graduate Admissions Essays
- Home Page | Writing Personal Statements Online
- Purdue OWL: Writing the Personal Statement
3. Proposal for how funds will be used. This includes:
- A description of what the enhancement experience will be
- A justification for this specific experience, why it is the next thing you should do beyond the classroom
- A breakdown of costs in table form
- Explanation of other funding sources that you have applied for
- Status of arrangements: Admission status, whether preliminary arrangements have been made, deadlines, dates for funding, etc.
3. Resume/Vita – reference – Asher’s Overnight Resume – See Kevin)
4. Four-year plan – reference – http://www.iup.edu/honors/page.aspx?id=96932
Achievement Application Forms and Samples are available at http://www.iup.edu/honors/page.aspx?id=96828 and on the table outside Dr. Finegans Office by the mailboxes.