Forget the British invasion the Swedish did it better!

We all know about the British Invasion and the famous Beatles taking america by storm, however, I think more often than not, we forget about the amazing group called ABBA. Who else could give us such hits like Mamma Mia, Dancing Queen, or Lay all your love on me?! Not the Beatles that’s who! Ever since their breakthrough with ‘Waterloo’ back in 1974, ABBA’s music has captured the hearts of people all over the world. Much like the Beatles, after becoming popular in Europe, ABBA became popular in the United States and has become even more popular during the 21st century than they were in their time. The movie Mamma Mia, brought them even more fame and features all of their greatest hits and some less known hits in the film.  There is even Mamma Mia on Broadway and just recently there was a second Mamma Mia released. This is just a quick statement about one of my favorite groups who I think may in their own right have been similar in influence and ideas just like the Beatles on American culture. I am sure within the next few readings in the book we talk about ABBA and if not I will be seriously upset. Here are some links to check them out for those of you who may not know them or may not be sure where they came from! Check them out in the link below titled The story.

The Story

Their first hit in 1974!

My favorite song of theirs: