Jelly Jars

Besides the tall drinking glasses that we’re used to seeing, there is another type that we’ll come across. Many jelly companies have released sets of jars to be collectible cups after their use. However, saying that they are ‘collector’s items’ might be wrong. The fact that there was jelly in them is what led it to be a problem.

I’m not saying that the jelly ruined the cup since they could be washed. The obstacle is that they were made as a consumer item to be sold in grocery stores. That would mean many were produced during the time they were released. Even if it was only released in the United States, just think of how many had to be made to sell them across the whole nation. However, there could be people that threw them away after they finished the jar, or possibly have gotten broken. Being that there may be fewer of them in existence might make them truly collectible. Also, some jars might not have been opened, and they’re worth more than opened ones. So, it is the age-old dilemma of starting another new collection or not.

There are some solutions that may help decide whether to start collecting jelly jars or not. If a person is worried that many of them are being resold and don’t hold much value, then opt out of buying them. If planning on buying these glasses, then it may be best to start with the opened ones, as the sealed jars may be pricier. Make sure they are in good condition and not faded or damaged. A bonus would be if the lids were saved along with the jars. Check the Internet to see all the different sets that are out there.

From my collection, these are three different sets. The Curious George cup has been well used and the Peanuts one still has its lid.

I would suggest if a person starts collecting them, then go with your interests. I personally did not go into buying jelly jars as the designs weren’t intriguing to me. I only bought one set because they had Pokémon on them. Another partial set was gifted to me, but I never bought any more to complete it whenever I saw them. Again, this was just my preference. I wouldn’t want to discourage anyone from buying anything they wanted to collect.

What solution would you recommend for this problem? You can type your answers below in the comments section by clicking on “Leave a reply.”

Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe to this blog to stay up-to-date.

What glass collecting problems do you want to be solved or discussed? You can post your questions below and I may answer it in my next blog post!