Price, Price Baby

Figuring out your price (Nizan).

At one point or another we may end up with a double of any certain glass, we can always sell one. There are other collectors out there that may be looking for that extra piece. This would be a way for one to make a profit on what they bought. The problem would be what price to set. We don’t want to scare customers away nor give stuff away either.

The biggest obstacle would be oneself because of being a beginner. Since people are looking for a profit, they either add two dollars to the price it was bought for, or it may be doubled.  While researching how much people are selling glasses for, it may not reflect their true market value. Let’s say a glass is bought for three dollars and the person wants to sell it for double the price paid. However, it may be worth ten or more. So, how does one price glasses?

The soundest solution would be is to research prices. There are some websites that expert collectors made, so they’d be trustworthy. However, anyone can make a site nowadays and they may not know anything about glass values. There are guidebooks for sale that list what they’re worth. Those books would also have information about other glasses in the set. But that is dependent on when it was printed. If it’s not a current book, then it is outdated, as prices can fluctuate year to year.

Factoring prices (Harper).

My solution is to search the web for price ranges. I know that while there are a variety of people on the web, it may help to find what you want. For some glasses, I read on one site it was worth ten dollars while on another it may say twenty. I would put the price in the middle. After that, I would check the paint and glass for any defects, if any, then deduct accordingly. This way, I’d be fair to the customer and myself.

What solution would you recommend for this problem? You can type your answers below in the comments section by clicking on “Leave a reply.”

Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe to this blog to stay up-to-date.

What glass collecting problems do you want to be solved or discussed? You can post your questions below and I may answer it in my next blog post!