One Man’s Trash is Another Man’s Treasure

Selling at flea markets (“Flea Market Flips”).

A flea market could be one possible place to sell your glasses. They attract a large number of people with a plethora of different interests. The problem that goes with this is deciding which location to set up a booth. Should you try a large one or a smaller market, travel or stay local?

There are two main obstacles that will need to be addressed. First, a large inventory is needed to sell to make it worth your while, whether it be a lot of a few specific items or a variety of things to sell. Yes, there will be people who are looking for glasses. But to draw in more people to a booth, one needs more than a few cups. Second, renting a space is required to set up shop. If a lot of merchandise didn’t sell to cover the rent, a person will end up losing money with renting the space, time put in, and using up gas driving there.

Ample inventory available (Cassandra).

If choosing the flea market route, make sure there’s ample merchandise to sell. Maybe before selling, go to a few first to see what’s trending, talk to a few vendors on their experiences, or see how many booths there are that already have glasses in their inventory. With competition comes price wars; a person may not sell much or have to lower prices to beat the other guys. Also, bring help along; an extra hand is necessary when it’s busy or if one needs to leave the booth for a few minutes.

For this problem, I can’t give my recommended solution as I have no experience selling at flea markets. However, I can still give my opinion. I think that it would be best to try selling at smaller, local ones first. It would save gas money by going the shorter distance and will give one experience on how these marketplaces work. If the first try wasn’t worth the effort, then flea markets can be crossed off the list of places to sell in the future.

What solution would you recommend for this problem? You can type your answers below in the comments section by clicking on “Leave a reply.”

Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe to this blog to stay up-to-date.

What glass collecting problems do you want to be solved or discussed? You can post your questions below and I may answer it in my next blog post!