This is the first year for a fantastic opportunity for CHC students ONLY! Christian Minich, a graduate of CHC in 2012 is offering the below data analyst co-op opportunity. It is available to all majors regardless of previous experience with databases or technical proficiency. Christian wants thinkers who love to solve problems first and foremost. He can teach you the technology you’ll be using to solve problems as part of a team. I can’t over emphasize how cool this is and how much it will alter your professional trajectory should you do this experience. Please review the job and email me if you have any interest in applying.
Position: Clinical Data Analyst – Co-op
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia has been the birthplace of many dramatic firsts in pediatric medicine. As the nation’s first hospital devoted exclusively to caring for children, CHOP has fostered medical discoveries and innovations that have improved pediatric healthcare and saved the lives of countless children. Today, that same spirit of care and innovation continues. That’s why US News and World Report named CHOP in a first place tie on its Honor Roll of Best Children’s Hospitals for 2011-2012.
Clinical Data and Analytics team provides that information that CHOP needs to improve the lives of patients. We are responsible for empowering users with data across the institution, providing a unique blend of clinical, technical, and analytical expertise. We believe that analytics and data can improve outcomes, optimize processes, and reduce costs. We hire smart, curious people who can bring together clinical, operational, and financial data and deliver insights.
What you’ll do
- Independently manage projects from beginning to end
- Create new data sets and build reporting/analytical solutions
- Analyze healthcare data for key insights and deliver a summary of findings
We’re looking for people who
- Can learn new techniques quickly
- Are able to synthesize a complex problem
- Are curious and pursue many interests
- Are enthusiastic about change
- Are motivated by mission
- Communicate clearly
- Are a team players
- Have, or want to have, knowledge of at least one programming language (optional)
- Have, or want to have, a basic grasp of statistical concepts (optional)
Co-Op Start Date – Mid January through June (6 months)