Miracles

I have a story that is one of a kind and something miraculous. June 10th, 2018 I and my graduation party and family from all over came to visit me and celebrate. My cousins from New York drove down to spend the weekend at my house with my cousin Morgan who was 23 weeks pregnant at the time. Sunday the 11th when they were heading home, she was complaining about cramping but thought maybe she was just uncomfortable in the car.  I went to my close friend’s graduation party the next day and came home to my parents sitting on the couch looking dazed and confused. My mom literally sat me down and said that Morgan had gone to the hospital to give birth. I did not even know what to think because I had never experienced something like this before. I think I was in honest shock by the news and I shut down not knowing what was going on. I started researching premature births and read all about success stories. I was desperate for good news in a situation that was terrifying. My aunt was texting my mom constant updates and then we got the text that Thomas was born. We did not even know if he was going to make it through the night weighing in at only one pound. Throughout the next couple weeks Tommy was in the NICU where only his parents could see him and not even hold him. They constantly prayed over him as many prayer warriors from all over were praying for the baby and their family. Tommy was hooked onto constant oxygen and even went through heart surgery when his heart was the size of an almond. Every day we were feeling blessed that Tommy was still thriving. They even went through a scare where they were not sure if he was going to live but an amazing doctor swooped in and saved his life. Tommy is now two years old and healthier than ever. He is walking, talking, and making everyone he meets fall in love with him. Go follow Team Tommy and Golisano Children’s Hospital to show support for all the amazing things they have done!