What are 3 of your fundamental beliefs about learning literacy?
- We believe that learning literacy is to take responsibility of one’s learning and its outcome. More specifically:
- Learning literacy is associated with obtaining “others’” knowledge and making that knowledge to “our” knowledge.
- Learning literacy is associated with finding trustworthy information, and with continuous search of new information.
- Learning literacy is associated with transforming collected/constructed “our” knowledge to more accessible knowledge for “others.”
- What are 3 of your fundamental beliefs about teaching literacy?
- We believe that through teaching literacy, students should become independent and autonomous learners.
- We believe that through teaching literacy, students should construct a specialized self for interaction with discourse/s in societies.
- We believe that through teaching literacy, teachers can create powerful generation.
What should be 3 key goals for literacy education in a digital age?
- We believe the first goal is to make students recognize that they have an access to the public knowledge as recipients as well as generators of the knowledge.
- We believe the second goal is to create creative, innovative, and discovered generation who are capable of entering new enterprise/doing new things.
- We believe the third goal is to
- What should be your basic approach to teaching literacy? What role should technology have in that teaching approach?
- We believe that technology can facilitate learners’ collaborative learning of literacy.
- We believe that technology can allow learners to have multiple drafting.
- We believe that technology can facilitate learners’ multimodal literacy skills.
How should literacy pedagogy respond to today’s technological world and to today’s digital learners?
- We believe that by using technology, teachers can engage with their students more easily.
- We believe that by using technology, teachers can fulfill their responsibility as teachers more easily (e.g., giving feedback, giving guideline, giving grades, etc.).
- We believe that by using technology, teachers can let students better prepared for their future digital life including the students’ future career.