Lady in Silk

With age, our styles change. We look back at photos and wonder what the heck we were wearing and who let us leave the house looking like that. For some of us, changing our style drastically happens, but for most of us it’s a slow transition.

Just recently, I have taken a good look through my closet and noticed how almost everything I own is either rompers or random shirts. I also realized how I am growing a collection of business casual clothing and shying away from things I used to love that are making me wonder what I was ever thinking when I bought them. Although, it is thrilling to have some different pieces of clothing that make you feel out of your comfort zone because it’s fun wearing new things. As I’ve said before, I like to dress up when I go out but I don’t like to be revealing. Elegance is the new sexy.

This forest green dress is pure silk and is so comfortable to wear. I bought it for my friend’s birthday about a year ago and I am still absolutely in love with it. It is the type of dress that never goes out of style. I ordered it online from Fashion Nova and it arrived to my house in about 4 days! In my opinion, this color speaks elegance and although the style of the dress is obviously not meant for a business setting, it is classy for a night out. Exchanging the average “clubbing” dress-wear for some classier silk dresses could really make you feel more confident in your own skin.

If you gals have any ideas on how to keep your elegance while still looking feisty, or have any questions or comments, please write them in the comments section below.

Don’t forget to like this post, share it on social media, and subscribe to my blog!