Remix Idea

For my remix idea, I was originally thinking of writing a fan fiction story but decided on something a little more exciting (because my fanfic was pretty basic). I am going to make a potions book. I was thinking of calling it “Potions for the everyday muggle” or something along those lines. I thought it would be cool to do something interactive with the class so I came up with a few ideas. I could make polyjuice potion in front of the class and then pass it out so everyone could have some, Or I found this neat idea on Pinterest about a fortune telling potion in the picture attached. What do you guys think? Should I do something like this? and if so, what would be a cool thing to involve the class?

5 thoughts on “Remix Idea

1. Katherine March 23, 2017 / 6:55 pm

I really love this. It can be a cheat sheet for Harry Potter parties. I love the title as well. This is a great idea and think it will be really fun.

2. Kylie March 24, 2017 / 1:59 pm

I think this is super fun! For the book, maybe you could like design the cover and show what a recipe in the book would actually look like? Also, I’m all for the idea of having some free food/drinks in class (:

3. Madisyn March 24, 2017 / 10:10 pm

Please, please do this! I agree with Kylie, maybe have a creative format for the cover and recipes to add somewhat of a personal touch!

4. Krista Shellhammer March 24, 2017 / 10:40 pm

I think that the recipe idea is neat, and I think the fortune telling potion seems like the most fun for the class to participate in using, since there are different results that everyone could get. Although you’re kind of leaning towards potions right now, it might be easier to make a Wizarding World cookbook since you’re kind of limited to drinks with the potions theme (not that there’s any issue with just doing drinks if you’d rather stay in that field).

There’s already a lot of Harry Potter recipes out there, so you could compile a lot of them into an in-fiction book for wizarding families if you pick out the ones that fit better in the canon of the books. (For example, some recipes are of things related to the books, while only a few are of actual foods you find in the books).

This BuzzFeed article has some recipes that could apply to a cookbook theme:
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/laurar10/46-harry-potter-inspired-treats-you-should-be-maki-3rut?utm_term=.xbZeQ9wnr#.wqMEYovjP

I’m particularly partial to these cauldron cakes:
    http://bakingdom.com/2010/11/double-double-chocolate-cauldron-cakes.html

And, of course, there are more Butterbeer recipes than I can count floating around online:
    http://wizardingworldpark.com/butterbeer-recipes/

Essentially, there are lots of recipes available right now and you could compile them into something that looks more like a cookbook.

5. rjpt March 26, 2017 / 4:37 pm

I LOVE THIS IDEA! Oh my goodness. It’s so fun and something that could actually be used in every day life. It looks like Krista added some links for fun things to add in. I think this could be super fun.