Sarah’s Re-Mix

I really loved Sarah’s idea for her fanfiction. A story in which Neville was the chosen one rather than Harry would change nearly everything. For one, once Voldemort learned that it was Neville, Severus would have had no problem letting his parents die. He would have no reason to ask Voldemort for the “favor” of not killing Lily, and in turn, would not have gone to Dumbledore to ask for his additional protection. Therefore, Snape would remain a Death Eater, and would not be there to protect Neville for all those years throughout his time at Hogwarts. Unless a different character were to perform the actions that Snape did to protect Harry, the wizarding world would be in a significantly more dangerous position. Because of this, I would really love to see how Sarah would write the rest of the fanfiction. It would be so interesting to get her perspective on how the events might have taken place. My favorite part of her excerpt was when Neville was surrounded by the huge crowd inDiagon Alley and his grandmother dispersed them. I thought that during this part, we were going to see Neville use his powers for the first time, because of the stress he was under, and that didn’t happen. Instead his grandma stood up for him and by the power of her own voice could dispel the crowd. It genuinely caught me off-guard, and I love to be caught off-guard when I’m reading. I think her story was well thought-through and she clearly put a lot of time and work into writing and outlining her story. I believe that she did a fantastic job with this project.