- What are 3 of your fundamental beliefs about learning literacy?
- We believe that learning literacy should be based on students’ age, interest, and background.
- We believe that learning literacy should motivate students to learn more.
- We believe that learning literacy should be multimodal.
What are 3 of your fundamental beliefs about teaching literacy?
- We believe that teaching literacy should be placed in a context.
- We believe that teachers’ role in teaching literacy should be facilitating rather than being teachers-centered process.
- We believe that teaching literacy should take in consideration students’ individual differences, abilities, skills, and background.
- What should be 3 key goals for literacy education in a digital age?
- We believe that literacy education should help students be familiar with principles of certain literacy.
- We believe that literacy education should aim at creating autonomous and independent learners.
- We believe that literacy education should enable students to utilize digital technology effectively to promote their creativity and enhancing their literacy knowledge and skills.
- What should be your basic approach to teaching literacy? What role should technology have in that teaching approach?
We believe that teaching literacy approach will be based on combining theory and practice. Technology will be essential in the teaching approach for supporting students to learn and practice.
- How should literacy pedagogy respond to today’s technological world and to today’s digital learners?
Today’s pedagogy should use technology as indispensable part in today’s digital world. Further, to link the students with outside world to interact and exchange knowledge.
- Discuss how your vision for teaching literacy would address the needs of World English speakers.
Our vision of teaching literacy will address the needs of world’s English speakers by promoting English literacy through connecting both learning and teaching approaches to technology.
- Discuss how your vision responds to the challenge of the “digital divide,” a challenge that says we must worry about providing equal access to technology and information.
Our vison responds to the challenge of the digital divide to provide access to technology for all learners and teachers through recommending to governments to provide as much as possible of devices in their schools.
- Should your approach to teaching literacy be the same as your approach to teaching other areas of English today? Why or why not?We believe teaching literacy is a general issue that can take in account the vision suggested above. However, it is possible that teaching each skill of English language may differ in approach and the use of technology. For instance, teaching writing will be different from teaching speaking or listening.