Cosplay: Buying vs Making

Cosplay is a huge part of my life. I love making my own cosplays, but not everyone enjoys making things.  Some people prefer to buy their cosplays. What’s the difference between buying your cosplay and making it?

Buying your cosplay can be extremely convenient. Depending on where you buy it from it can be much faster than making a cosplay.  It’s also nice if you don’t possess the time or skills to make a cosplay. When buying a cosplay you do need to be careful that you buy from a reputable seller. If you don’t then you could end up with a pretty sad looking costume. Trust me I’ve ended up with body suits that did not look like the picture at all. If you buy from a reputable seller, then you can have one of the best looking cosplays at the convention.

Making a cosplay is fulfilling, at least in my experience. There’s a lot of work and love that goes into making your own cosplay.  When you make your own cosplay, you also get a custom fit rather than wearing a factory size.  Making your cosplay is also a fun way to show off your skills. I can’t tell you how amazing it feels to be able to say that you make that cosplay. However, you do need to be careful when making a cosplay, because sometimes you mess up. Those mess ups can give you a pretty wonky looking cosplay. If you do it right you can end up with an amazing cosplay.

So, that’s what it means to buy your cosplay and what it means to make you cosplay. What’s the difference? There’s really isn’t one in the end. Cosplay has been made out to be all about crafting your own cosplay from scratch. Some people even look down on those who buy a cosplay. There is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with buying a cosplay. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.  In the end we’re all just a bunch of nerds who want to dress up as their favorite characters.

It doesn’t matter if you buy or make a cosplay. Cosplay is all about having fun. So wether you buy or make your cosplay have fun, and be kind to others. Do you prefer to buy or to make your cosplay? Why? If you’d like to read more about cartoons, cosplay, media, and more, then please subscribe to Media Mania.