- How successful were you at going Tech/Literacy free for a day?
It wasn’t successful at all. I failed, I used my cellphone several time though the day, and my laptop once.
- What was the hardest thing about trying to go Tech/Literacy free?
The hardest thing was not using my iphone for long time, an hour or so. Although it is with me all day long.
- How did your friends/family respond to you do the task?
I told my mom, brother, and one of my friends. They did not understand why and they were sure that I will fail.
- What was the short term impact on you of doing this task?
I appreciated how technology made our life easier, even if it was only for a certain aspect in our life as academia or socialization.
- Was there any long term impact on you?
Maybe try not to depend 100% on using technology all the time. Take a break!
- Did going Tech/Literacy free cause you to get more physically active or less? Why?
Yes, definitely. That’s why I chose Saturday to be my Tech Free day because I knew that I will be out all day with friends.
I do not like using my phone a lot when I am around people. Last Saturday I tried doing this, and it was harder than ever. Maybe because I was conscious about the use of it.
- What did you miss the most while you were going Tech/Literacy free?
I was thinking since when our life is centered around technology that much?
How would our life be without technology? I think our life will be more difficult.
- What did you miss the least?
Maybe I can say checking email.. maybe because it was a weekend and I don’t want to check it anyway.
- Overall, what did you think of this experience?
It is a wonderful experience. Made me realized how difficult it is to be consciously tech free!
Made me appreciate more having a slow internet than not having it at all.