Wednesday, November 1, 2017 (Online Application)
The IUP College of Humanities and Social Sciences seeks a motivated, enthusiastic undergraduate with strong writing, editing, and interpersonal skills to join the college’s digital projects team in Spring 2018. This is the perfect opportunity for students who would like to develop their communication skills and apply them in a real-world digital context. Interns will work under the supervision of an IUP faculty member and alongside a graduate assistant.
Interns will be primarily involved in content development (writing stories, conducting interviews, recording audio and video, taking photographs) to insure that information about our programs, the latest successes of students and our exceptional faculty are visible to the campus and the world. Interested and skilled interns may also have the opportunity to become involved with maintaining CHSS social media or developing innovative Digital Spotlights.
- Organized and creative
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Good interpersonal skills, including an ability to interview diverse subjects
- Declared major in a CHSS Department
- Experience and readiness to learn basic digital production
- GPA of 3.5 or better
- Produce written “news” stories (pitch, draft, revise, edit) on college events and programs
- Gather and synthesize information from departments and others on campus to compose, revise, and extend informational content on the website
- Conduct interviews
- Record audio, take photographs, and capture video
Interns will be expected to dedicae 8 hours per week to internship work over the course of the semester. Departments may have additional requirements for interns to report their progress to the departmental coordinator.
Complete an online application. Full consideration will be given to applications received by November 1, 2017. Successful candidates may be invited to an interview. Contact Prof. Kenneth Sherwood (email@example.com) with any questions.
Once awarded the internship, a student interested in receiving course credit should complete a CHSS Internship Application form and submit it to their departmental coordinator (see complete list) no later than Monday, November 6, 2017.