- Fall 2018: Friday, August 3, 2018
Rodale Institute Experimental Farm, 611 Siegfriedale Road, Kutztown, PA 19530
Rodale Institute is seeking a highly motivated Communications intern to gain hands-on experience in a wide variety of communications outlets such as social media, email marketing, website, photography/video, graphic design, publications, events, media relations and more. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys working on a wide variety of tasks.
Responsibilities Could Include
- Crafting social media posts
- Capturing photography or video
- Editing/ Proofreading
- Writing blog posts
- Promoting and organizing events
- Writing press releases
- Creating graphics or fliers
- Limited Data Entry
- Previous experience and coursework in communications, such as journalism
- Interest in agriculture, food and farming, with a commitment to an organic planet
- Strong writing skills, including attention to grammar
- An understanding of voice, brand, and storytelling
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro or iMovie, WordPress, Constant Contact, SurveyMonkey, and/or social media sites a plus
An ideal candidate will complete this internship for college credit. Additionally, there is an opportunity for a student to receive housing at Rodale Institute, as well as some organic food from the farm. Students not receiving college credit may be eligible for a $200/week stipend.
An ideal candidate for a summer internship could commit to at least 30 hours/week for a minimum of 12 weeks. An ideal candidate for a spring or fall internship could commit to at least 15 hours/week for at least 12 weeks.
Please send a cover letter, resume and at least two writing samples (as well as any links to a blog or social media sites you would like to share) to Diana Martin, Director of Communications, at Diana.Martin@RodaleInstitute.org.