- Summer 2017: March 15, 2017
- Fall 2017: May 3, 2017
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Attend an accredited college or university and have status as a sophomore or above during the term of their internship.
- Maintain a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. Students with lower GPAs may be considered.
- Receive academic credit from their college or university for their participation in the internship program. TWC does not grant credit directly.
- Have the approval of their campus liaison or a faculty sponsor if their institution does not have a campus liaison.
Program Overview (& video)
The Washington Center serves students in most academic majors with interests in a wide variety of fields. These include the government, nonprofit and business arenas as well as many others that may partially overlap with them—the worlds of media and communications, science and technology, law and criminal justice, and international affairs. Let us know your interests and goals and we’ll find you substantive and exciting internship options.
TWC internships give you the chance to work almost full time, allowing you to feel like a member of the staff at your office. You may assist attorneys during a trial, evaluate capital markets, help in radio or television production or attend congressional hearings. You could be conducting research, advocating policy positions, writing a business plan or developing websites and databases. The possibilities are endless.
Sample Arts, Humanities, and Education internship sites
Sample Journalism, Media, and Communication internship sites
Sample Government and Politics internship sites
Sample International Relations and Global Politics internship sites
Sample Legal Affairs and Criminal Justice internship sites
How to Apply
Visit http://www.twc.edu/internships/washington-dc-programs/how-to-apply for details.