- A commitment to work fifteen to twenty-five hours per week.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work independently.
- Computer literacy.
- Undergraduate experience in English or a related field.
- Knowledge about and passion for the contemporary publishing industry (preferred).
- Knowledge of contemporary literature, including Dzanc titles (preferred).
- Reading, evaluating and reporting on fiction, and nonfiction submissions.
- Replying to author submissions and questions.
- Seeking out promising new authors by reading print and online journals, blogs, etc.
- Working on special projects as needed.
Email a cover letter explaining your interest in obtaining a Dzanc Internship, and which specific internship you are interested in, along with your resume (attached MS Word Document) and the name and email addresses of at least two references that we can contact. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.