Stevie Nicks

Stevie Nicks is an Icon. She is best known for her work with the band Fleetwood Mac. Her solo career alone has produced over forty Top 50 hits and sold over 140 million albums. She is called my some the Queen of Rock and Roll. I have countless of her songs on my iPhone and it is really hard to choose one in particular.  Rhiannon, I think, is a prime example of the power of Stevie Nicks. It was voted in The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time by Rolling Stone. The song is about an old Welsh witch. The song highlights her voice and some say when she sings it live it is like an exorcism because of the darkness surrounded in the song. So much so, that Stevie had to avoid wearing black clothing for about two years after the release in an effort to distance herself from the witchcraft and dark arts surrounding her as result of the lyrics to Rhiannon. That goes to show you that she has true talent to captivate an audience like that. I remember watching an interview online of Stevie taking about the songs she writes and sings, and talked about how she wants to be known for hits that last for decades to come, not just your typical pop song/act that will die out in a few months/years time.