If you’re a new or experienced musician, you’ve probably thought about recording some material you’ve come up with. The problem is, that you can’t record multiple tracks with regular videos. Sure you could go all out and go to a studio, but what if you’re unsure about it being good enough to put all the money into a studio visit. I’m going to tell you about a mobile studio I always have in my pocket that I’ve used for a fraction of the price, have had access to many helpful parts, and has been able to help me gain beginner studio experience. I’m talking about the app BandLab.

What is it like working at an analog recording studio like Clouds Hill? -  Diary - Clouds Hill

As a musician, the feeling you get from putting all the musical ideas you have together into a song is incredible. Dare I say addicting. So, the use of a studio can completely change the way a person makes music.

BandLab is a studio app that can be downloaded on IOS or Android devices. With it, you have access to laying multiple tracks at the same time, along with access to a looper, virtual instruments, and a sampler. You can record your song, then save it to your account and your phone. BandLab also has a social media aspect to it, allowing you to share your work with followers or with the public.

Which makes it so awesome for someone to learn how a studio layout works with multiple tracks. You can record them and adjust their volume levels and tweak the tone if you wanted to. Anytime I have an idea pop into my head, I record it in BandLab so, I remember it for later and I can keep working with it. Adding a new track is as simple as hitting the record button and going free from there.

Come to think of it, letting your creative mind go free isn’t the only type of free here. BandLab is completely usable for free. I’m sure every studio charges different amounts depending on whether it’s per song, per hour, or per day. One of the most convenient things about BandLab is that, like I said, it’s free so, you don’t have to worry about throwing money at every song idea you have.

Have you ever visited a studio to record material? If you’re thinking about recording some new material and don’t feel like visiting an expensive studio, definitely give BandLab a try. As always, if you like my post, feel free to comment on it and share it with friends or family. If you want to see more by me and stay up to date on my blog follow me for another day in the life of music and media.

A Recording Studio in Your Back Pocket?