Tuesday, June 4th

Today, I continued the now lengthy process of updating the templates I created to receive data on PA media outlets. I still hadn’t finished when Stephanie came into the office to give me a new assignment. She asked me to examine Virginia Tech’s (VT’s) website. There they discuss in detail the rebranding of their university. They provide a timeline of how they turned in this new direction, videos, photos, and a description of the updated brand. Stephanie wanted me to then look at other schools to see if they addressed their rebrands with the same detail that VT did. This information can then be used to help Michelle determine how (or if) to address IUP’s rebrand in our press releases.

It was interesting to learn that IUP, like Jackson Dawson (the multi-million communications company I did my last internship for) is very considerate of what similar institutions are doing when formulating the marketing or public relations strategy for an educational institution. Moving forward, I’ll get started on this new and exciting project.