Finding Your Passion in the World of Creative Media

Hi friends, the recent events of COVID-19 and the resulting quarantine, that has affected us all in so many ways, has been on my mind a lot recently. Many of our jobs have been moved to remote work from home so people can have a safe work space. When not on the clock, most of our free time is also spent at home. I know many friends and associates of mine have told me how they feel about quarantine. The most common theme between all of them, I found, was that they feel safe at home, but not happy. People are having hard time focusing their energy on activities that feel satisfying, but instead spend most of their times in front of screens like their TV or phone. In this post I would like to reach out to anyone that may feel this way, or someone just struggling to find their passion in a difficult time like this.

How to find passion and the pursuit of happiness are the correlating questions and journey’s of each individual in society. The only one who has control of either of these is the individual, themselves. Because you know yourself best, you probably have a pretty good idea of what makes you happy, is fun to accomplish, and what stirs the creatives and productive juices in your mind. If there are more than one things that you enjoy doing, and can find yourself immersing yourself in it, then great! Practice these activities a few hours each day, not one or two but three or four. I understand everyone has varying schedules, so fit it in however much you can. If you enjoy gaming then make a YouTube gaming channel; if you enjoy cooking, make some recipe videos. Whatever it may be, find a way to creatively and publicly publish your work and passion. It won’t be the best at first, but that’s okay. Most people love to see works in progress improve, even from a fans standpoint.

I hope this message has been eye-opening friends, and to all I say good luck. Immerse yourself in whatever makes you happy for life is too short not too. As always, team work makes the dream work.