The Promise of Digital Humanities

This class is going to open horizons in front of the students, in the class, on how to digitalize printed materials, or at least be familiar with how to access them. This gives me a hope that our students in the future find it easy to access and interact. I hope we, as students now and teachers in the future, could mater the course goals to convey them to the new generation through praxis. And that comes true when we feel interested in the course and its materials. This interest could be developed through the interaction and engagement in every topic. I hope I could apply the issues that I am learning when creating a platform for my classes and enhance that with a private wiki that could serve all my futuristic courses. I am sure that I can spend much time on that and allow my pupils to acclimate themselves easily to such technology, in which everything becomes accessible online through using many available tools and websites. That is because technology is invading each branch of sciences; it has become now that it is illiterate if someone cannot use technology, not the one who cannot read and write. Accessing technology reduces time and space and saves efforts for scholars, teachers, and student in everyone’s missions. Digital humanities is very interesting to help materializing these goals. Reading Digital_Humanities carefully is very helpful start point, and it has a great impact in transferring teachers from their traditional roles into monitors of their students’ roles in interacting with technology and exploiting it in their learning process.

This entry was posted in ENGL757857-Su2015. Bookmark the permalink.