90’s Chick

I know my last post was about a pink dress but I found this gem in the back of my closet and wanted to share it with you all! It seems as though the styles our parents used to rock back in the day are making their comeback. It can be almost impossible to find a true 80’s or 90’s outfit in stores today. Most stores that have a retro vibe to them try to remake older clothing that was in style 20+ years ago but it’s just not the same.

Wanting to have the old school look but can’t find anything that fits into that category? Well every time I see a picture of my parents from when they were in high school, they always seemed to have the coolest outfits. I try to find something similar to what they wore but it’s usually a failure. Stores can try to copy the old school styles but it’s hard to do that without actually having some vintage material.

This pink dress holds a lot of sacred memories for both my mother and I. My mom wore this dress in the 90’s and said it was one of her favorites. A few months ago, I asked her if she had saved any business casual dresses that she used to wear to work and she pulled this out of her closet with a huge smile on her face. She said one of the last times she wore this dress, she found out she was pregnant with my brother! It brought back a lot of memories for her, and also made me hope that someday my future daughter might ask for my old clothes and I can pass this down to her.

So, a solution to wanting to find the true 90’s outfits is to ask your parents first if they saved any of their old clothing. Thrifting is also a good way to hunt for vintage clothing but asking your older family members is the best way. I guarantee they’ll be happy to see a next generation wearing the clothing they used to love and it hits close to home to carry on the tradition of style!

If you have any of your favorite vintage pieces you would like to share with me or any other solutions to finding old styles, please discuss them in the comments section below!

Please ask me any questions as well if you have them in the comments section.

Don’t forget to like this post, share it to your social media sites, and subscribe to my blog!