Preparing myself for graduate school

After finishing my undergraduate degree, I must then prepare for graduate school. I know now that there is a good chance I will not meet the GPA requirements for the graduate program I wish to enroll in. Many graduate programs have different expectations for their students, this could be difficult for some students to achieve. You must have a certain GMAT score, a certain GPA, and an essay. To succeed in meeting these requirements after graduating with your undergraduate degree you could take a GMAT prep course and/or purchase practice books, take more undergraduate courses to help increase your GPA, and spend a decent amount of time writing your essay, and maybe even asking a former professor to review it before submission. I will be taking practice GMAT tests and reviewing GMAT practice books that I have purchased in order to prepare myself for the exam. I will also take entry level business related courses in order to increase my GPA, and I will ask a peer and a former professor to review my essay before I submit it to the graduate school. What have you done in order to prepare yourself for graduate school? If you have any questions or recommendations, please contact me.