Dresses at work

Hello everyone! It’s Thursdays! One more day until f-r-e-e-d-o-m.

Today I want to discuss wearing dresses at work. We all know they need to be an appropriate length and not too tight, but after talking to a coworker today, I realize how common it is for women to feel uncomfortable in a dress at work.

I personally, do not feel uncomfortable when wearing a work appropriate dress, but I understand why others might.

1. They don’t like the length of work dresses. For many women under 5″4, dresses can cut a weird, mid calf length that makes our legs look even shorter. One way to fix this? Buy petite sized dresses! Ann Taylor LOFT does some really great petite dresses that are both flattering and work appropriate.
  2. The fit of the typical shift dress is not flattering on everyone. Some women prefer an all around looser fit, and it can be hard to find this in many women’s work wear stores. This is where the ever faithful Marshall’s/ TJ Maxx comes into play. These two stores have such a great variety depending on when you go. So hit them up for a range of work dresses, you’re bound to find one that works for you!

I understand why women may feel uncomfortable stepping outside of their comfort zone of dress pants and blouses, however dresses can be fun and comfortable if you find the right ones for you!

How do you feel about wearing dresses to work?

Be sure to share this post on your social media pages if you found it helpful or think it would be helpful for a friend!

gwfw