Basics

Time to get into some of the gear. My plan is to not go in any particular order of relevancy, but I’ll start with the boring items. My phone and wallet.

Im a self-proclaimed gear junky, but these two items not so much. My phone is something that I don’t put a lot of thought or research into. I have an iPhone 6s. It gets the job done, plain and simple. It has internet access, ease of operation, and communication along organization is simple. I use an Otterbox case, which hasn’t really held up well. One of my biggest requirements for gear is its durability. So I’m not satisfied with my phone case.

Wallets are a very personal thing for most men. There are tons of different styles, which some don’t put a lot of thought into. I like bi-fold wallets because it only bends bills in half, instead of into thirds. I also like having a slot to put my identification visible when I open it. I call wallets personal because I’m planning on having mine my whole life. My father has had his for 25 plus years, and that has a cool factor for me. That being said, a cheap wallet won’t last. The one I have chosen is a Ralph Lauren leather wallet. It is fairly new as I’ve only had it for two years, but I am excited to see how it ages. Honest wear is an awesome addition to any piece of gear in my opinion. There are slimmer wallets, which would be nice at times, but I have no need for them. There are even “tactical” wallets and ones that serve as multitools. I’m and old-soul so I’ll stick to my leather wallet. The only time it will be replaced is if it lost. I would be interested in seeing what others have tried. Thanks.