Designing with Dream Weaver

Personally, I love web design. Unfortunately that class was cut short for me due to the pandemic. I was super upset to not be able to finish learning how to code a website. The good news is, there are lots of super helpful videos and websites on the internet that can help you teach yourself web design.
We used Adobe Dream Weaver with the class I took. This program requires you to actually code the website rather than just fill in information like WordPress does. It may look complicated at first, but once you get the hang of it it’s super easy. The key is practice and patience because things won’t always work the way they should the first time.

Check out this link for more information on coding a website:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKbvaPOvI84

My favorite part though, is designing it beforehand. You’ll create mood boards that show the theme you want to go for. These can be used to give your clients multiple options. Make sure not to get stuck on one idea though, in case they like one of the other options. This will happen quite frequently.

I also really liked aligning things. Web design is more structured and requires less abstract thinking than regular graphic design projects, which is perfect for me. I’ll talk more about designing for websites in my next blog.

Hope you guys learned something today! Share this link and stay tuned for another post tomorrow!