Lightroom vs Photoshop for Picture Editing

Do you prefer to use Lightroom or Photoshop for editing your pictures? I like to use both, but there are certain things I like about each of them. Both are Adobe products, but Lightroom is specifically for this purpose. I however am more familiar with Photoshop.

Photoshop is better if you want to do very detailed edits. It makes it easy for me to quickly draw over what I want to replace. I also work faster in Photoshop because I have used it much more. If you are only editing a couple photos, this is probably the route I would reccommend. I also think Photoshop is better for retouching images. Therefore, I prefer to use this program when I am doing portraits. I feel like it gives me more control to accomplish the look I want. I also find it helpful to be able to work in layers, just like how you do with other Photoshop projects or in Illustrator.

Lightroom has its own advantages. You are able to import large batches of photos, which is helpful when your shoot includes large quantities. It is also easier to organize and sort though them. Lightroom is also considered non-destructive and won’t affect your original images. Lightroom is specifically designed to edit RAW images that would be taken with your DSLR camera.

Overall, I prefer Photoshop for small jobs and Lightroom if I need to edit a bunch of photos quickly. However, sometimes I am still faster in Photoshop since I know the tools better. Which do you prefer and why?

Check out this link for more on this debate:
https://contrastly.com/lightroom-vs-photoshop-which-one-is-better-for-you/#:~:text=Lightroom%20vs%20Photoshop%3A%20Which%20One%20Is%20Better%20for,a%20complete%20workflow.%203%20Wrapping%20It%20Up.%20

Hope you guys learned something today! Share this link and stay tuned for another post tomorrow!