Moving On

Saying goodbye to a home you grew up in can be a flood of emotions. I am going to miss playing basketball in my driveway when the sun is setting after a long hot day. I am going to miss running through my big backyard with my brothers. I am going to miss having friends and family over at night sitting on the deck or by the fire pit roasting marshmallows. At the same time, I am so excited to be welcomed in a new town especially a beach town. I am nervous about moving somewhere new not knowing a single person. I am looking forward to a fresh start especially somewhere that will bring me joy and happiness. As stated, before there is just a flood of emotions that I am enjoying, but also stressing about. I grew up in this town because we have lived here for the past 14 years. My youngest brother grew up in the house not knowing anything else besides this home. Sadly, there is not much keeping me in the town. I am at an age that I do not have a job to keep me here and I do not have many friends in my hometown anymore. My closest friends are now at college and we will travel distances to see them because I already drive four hours to see them. There is something so special about moving onto a new chapter that is exciting and keeps you up at night because you really can’t wait. Would you be ready to move if you were in the same situation as me?