Basketball Career

The funny thing is that I started by basketball career as a young kid who was shy, and my parents made me play so I could make more friends. I was always one of the tallest kids in my class so naturally I succeeded quickly. I grew out of intramural and into travel where the competition was stronger, and I was no longer the best on the team anymore. Honestly, a lot of girls started to succeed at the faster paced game faster than I had because I was really just doing it for fun and not that serious. After I started catching up to that level, I started playing aau and high school basketball. To be honest I struggled a lot at first finding my place and succeeding. I was working my butt off to be the best player I could be and eventually things began to click. I was killing it in aau and was living playing in the tournaments. My freshman year of high school I was on junior varsity and then played half the time on varsity. I was working hard and realized that playing in college was something that I really wanted to know. My junior and senior year of high school we were one of the best teams in the state. The first year we made it into the state tournament, then my senior year we won the district championship and went to the state tournament again. Both years we lost in the final four of the state championships with tight last-minute calls by the referees. These are the moments that college teams started watching me play and I knew I wanted to play at the next level. I had fallen in love with the came and because of my high school career I knew that I wanted to win. This meant that I wanted to be a part of a family and winning culture. That is when I found IUP a team with multiple PSAC wins and many trips to the NCAA tournament. Not only the winning, but this team was truly a family and I knew I needed to be a part of it. Tag me with your success story on Instagram!