Go With The Flow

I woke up this morning and walked up my stairs (because my room is in the basement). We have been quarantining for three months total at this moment. I have family in North Carolina and my aunt and uncle were struggling home schooling their kids and working from home because of the pandemic. Meanwhile, my mom, brother, and I had nothing to do besides school. My mom is a hairdresser to she was currently without work, so we decided to travel to North Carolina to quarantine and help family. So, we went and to our luck my aunt and uncle were quarantining at their beach house in North Carolina. It took us eight hours to get there only stopping once in Virginia. We arrived and surprised my cousins; this little trip was amazing, and I was able to finish my sophomore year while part time sitting on the beach. This was also eye opening especially during the pandemic because my home town was bad and no one was able to leave. Then we drove to North Carolina and there was no stay at home order and maybe two cases in the county we were in. Therefore, it was truly a breathe of fresh air to be able to walk around and just feel the sunshine. My mom and I fell in love with the little town and were going home to convince my dad to move there. This is exactly what I needed mentally to take a deep breath and relax a little. I felt so grateful to be able to spend this time with my cousins since they have moved, I have not been able to spend time with them. I really grew in this experience realizing that basketball was not everything that my life depended on and there was so much more out there for me.