Farm to Table

Earlier this summer I made the decision to build a garden in my backyard.  My Pop helped me gather the materials and guided me through the process of building and planting. It is a really cool process of watching something that you planted mature into a plant that you can then eat. A very interesting concept to me is the farm to table lifestyle. I think it is so interesting and wonderful how you can get something from your backyard to eat and make a meal out of it. Ever since I can remember my Pop had a garden and we would always go pick strawberries and eat them in the summer. It was one of the biggest gardens I had seen in a backyard; I always had an interest in it and knew someday I had to have one of my own.

I planted tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, basil, and onions. I have made basil pesto with my fresh basil and countless other recipes with my tomatoes. This is the first time I have ever had my own garden and I only want to go up. The feeling of accomplishment is so high when you walk out in the morning when there’s still dew on grass and picking fresh produce. It is a feeling I never knew I would enjoy so much. In addition, its more than just picking plants but eating nutritional. Working hard and creating a garden with things that will give you nutrition make all the more fun to eat healthy. Post a picture of your farm to table and tag me because I would love to see what you have!