Pennsylvania Association of Colleges and Employers
The JoAnne Day Student of the Year Awards
PennACE would like to recognize the achievements and contributions made by undergraduate students enrolled at member institutions who have completed an internship or co-op assignment. The JoAnne Day Student of the Year Awards were created for this purpose in honor of a career development professional. There are four categories, each awarding $250.
If you are interested in applying for financial support for study or service abroad, an internship, or any other academic enrichment for the Summer or Fall of 2016, now is the time to act. If you are unsure about something that interests you or just need help with elements of the application or essays, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Achievement Fund Applications: February 22, 2016
Achievement Application Components
- Cover sheet and Signature page
- Personal statement (the resources below are very useful)
- Proposal for how funds will be used. This includes:
- A description of what the enhancement experience will be
- A justification for this specific experience, why it is the next thing you should do beyond the classroom
- A breakdown of costs in table form
- Explanation of other funding sources that you have applied for
- Status of arrangements: Admission status, whether preliminary arrangements have been made, deadlines, dates for funding, etc.
- Four-year plan
Kodi, Heather and Sarinah sporting their cool new library swag!
Sarah, Jonah and Mikayla celebrate the virtues of teamwork and a positive outlook.
Magdalene, Katie, AJ and Alec slay the competition in an epic battle of library wit!
Brad, Alex, Clayton and Madilyn savor sweet victory, which in this case tastes a lot like coffee.
Dear University Friends,
Please share with students. The deadline to apply for the Foundation for IUP Community Volunteer Service Award is Friday, April 3, 2015.
This award honors the volunteer spirit demonstrated by students at IUP who demonstrate outstanding volunteer service that reflects positively on the university and makes a difference in the lives of community residents, and society as a whole.
To apply, please print the application (below) and complete sections A, B, and C on the reverse side of the form and return to: