If you are interested in applying for financial support for study or service abroad, an internship, or any other academic enrichment for the Summer or Fall of 2018, now is the time to begin putting stuff together. If you are unsure about something that interests you or just need help with elements of the application or essays, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE: Monday, March 2, 2018 in 308 Pratt
Achievement Application Components:
1. Cover Sheet
3. Personal statement
This is an essay that puts forth a narrative explanation of who you are as a person, what motivating factors drive you, how you come to be who you are, where you are going, what is important to you, what thinkers you admire, what philosophy informs your life, and how your goals, dreams and career objectives emerge from them. Keep these things in mind as you draft your narrative:
Since it’s your story, use “I” to start your sentences.
Include vivid imagery and lots of sensory details.
Weave your emotions into your narrative.
Find perfect words and expressions. Find the perfect opening sentence.
Read it aloud many times. Hear what you are saying and revise where wordy, stilted, redundant or impersonal.
4. Proposal including:
- Detailed description of the achievement experience
- Justification for this specific experience at this point in time relative to your academic, professional goals and personal goals
- Breakdown of costs in table form with an explanation of need
- Status of Arrangements including application status, pending inquiries, preliminary arrangements, deadlines for participation, dates for funding, etc
6. Four Year Plan – 4YP Template
For sample application see: AF Sample