Student Employment Opportunity at the Indiana Community Garden (ICG)
(Corner of S. Sixth St. and Carter Ave., Indiana, PA 15701)
Community Service Learning Federal Work Study Program
Academic Year, 2017 – 18
Student Qualifications for the Position:
- Eligible for Federal Work Study Program (5 – 15 hours per week) and in good academic standing
- Interest in gardening and sustainability
Overall, the student hired for this Community Service Learning position will assist the Indiana Community Garden in fulfilling its mission: to build community and increase access to healthy food through planting, cultivating, harvesting, and sharing knowledge that encourages sustainable gardening practices. More specifically, the student will:
- Assist with general maintenance and development of the garden.
- Help to develop and coordinate garden events.
- Help to develop and coordinate educational programs.
- Develop more ICG networking opportunities (including social media).
- Help to expand community and campus outreach to encourage more involvement in the garden.
NOTE: Responsibilities with the garden will vary depending on the time of year and what is happening in the garden at any particular time. There will be plenty of opportunities for the student to learn while doing community service.
ICG Contact Information:
- To learn more about the garden, visit our website: indianacommunitygardens.org.
- Find us on Facebook at Indiana Community Garden.
- If you have questions or are interested in applying, contact us at email@example.com.