IUP Libraries is dedicated to providing researchers the resources, spaces, and services necessary to enable them to carry out high quality research and inquiry. The IUP Libraries Award for Undergraduate Research was created to recognize high quality scholarly work based on a foundation of careful background research and literature review in projects submitted to the Undergraduate Scholars Forum.
First Place: $200.00. IUP Co-op Bookstore gift card
Second Place: $150.00 IUP Co-op Bookstore gift card
Third Place: $50.00 IUP Co-op Bookstore gift card
- Any student with a submission to the Undergraduate Scholars Forum may enter.
- Applicants must grant permission to the IUP Libraries to do the following:
- Publish all, or parts, of application essay to IUP Libraries’ newsletter, website, and/or social media for promotional purposes.
- Allow the IUP Libraries to deposit the essay and research project to IUP’s Institutional Repository
Submissions will be judged on how well student researchers demonstrate:
- Skill in the use of library resources and collections, including, but not limited to: printed resources, databases, primary resources, and materials in all media.
- Skill in identifying, locating, selecting, evaluating, synthesizing and ethically using information resources.
- Ability to create a bibliography in standard bibliographic style (APA, MLA, etc.) that includes high quality informational resources
- Quality of background essay
- Your project’s bibliography (please identify the bibliographic style used, such as APA, MLA)
- An original background essay of between 250 and 400 words that describes:
- Your research process, including how you formulated your question, located resources, evaluated resources, and effectively and ethically used information.
- How IUP Libraries, or other libraries, helped you develop as a researcher or in doing research
- Email entry to Theresa McDevitt, firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: UGSF Library Award.
- Deadline: Spring 2018