Student Research Assistant with IUP SUSTAINABILITY STUDIES
Job Description: To work with members of the IUP Sustainability Studies Committee in its efforts to establish a Sustainability Studies minor at the university. We are hiring a student worker to help the Committee coordinate several ongoing projects, including the SUST website, programming, and recruitment. This student worker position would last for the duration of the 2015-2016 Academic Year.
Help with SUST Programs & Speakers:
- Help secure the on-campus venue(s) for the SUST programming
- Coordinate food, information packets, and other supplies/facilities as needed
- Coordinate with on-campus services to promote and otherwise advertise the series
- Maintain the website, which will include:
- Research career and graduate school opportunities for SUST minors
- Maintain a database of resources to facilitate curriculum building in this program
- Help maintain an annotated bibliography of relevant journals, articles on environmental humanities and sustainability, and pedagogy associated with sustainability education
- Maintain schedule of possible recruiting venues, including expos, Six O’Clock Series, regional events
- Help to produce poster, brochure, press releases promoting SUST
- Attend ECO meetings as rep from SUST
STARTING/ENDING DATES: October 19, 2015 – May 2, 2016 (20 weeks)
Wages: $7.25 per hour (undergraduate) or $8.25 per hour (graduate), 10 hours per week.