Tuesday June 20th, 2017

Do you ever step back from your work and think about the overall progress you’ve made?

I’m talking about the progress you’ve made in that project in particular, as well as, your overall work performance and skills.

I’m doing that at the moment. I had just completed a project at work and I took a minute after lunch to reflect upon it. I realized how much I’ve learned about creating motion graphics and how far I’ve come. While there is still a ton to learn about motion graphics I’m happy about where I’m heading. Usually I’m very critical about my work, and I never give myself much credit for the talent I do have. Today, I took a step back and congratulated myself for once.

I think taking steps back like this are beneficial. They help you as a designer gain confidence that you may not always have. It also helps you as the designer to realize the talent that you have! While not to forget about the never ending room there is to improve.

So, next time you’re working on a project and you complete it. Step away, then come back to it and open up your mind to congratulating yourself and being proud of your work!

BE YOURSELF, DREAM, and CREATE!