Influence of music in Korea after the Travel Ban was lifted

I mentioned this in my presentation of Seotaiji and Boys and it was brought up before that music is somewhat universal and can influence countries to start changing music. What I wanted to focus on was the travel ban that was lifted in Korea during 1988. Stated in my presentation, Trot was the only music Korea had because they closed off the country to overseas. From the aftermath of the Korean War, there were many restrictions on traveling and currency because the war took so much from them.  So for music, the country stuck to the traditional music they have had for years. There was no other music but that when the country dropped the ban and allowed music, people and cultures to come into Korea. the k hip hop group Seotaiji and Boys is a great example of what overseas influence can expand a genre of music that would eventually take over South Korea. In addition to the travel ban being dropped, tourism in Korea has been a very huge thing for the country. there are multiple activities to participate throughout Korea.