Want to Take Control of Your Money? GET MAD!

Welcome to day one of the rest of your financial life! My name is Rich Kulbacki, and I’m here to…

PUMP… YOU UP!

Ok, so terrible out-dated, over-used cliches aside, this is where YOUR journey to financial freedom starts! If you’re reading this, you’re looking for a better way to live.

You’re fed up, and you just can’t take it anymore! What’s that you’re feeling? Well that’s our good friend, anger! The way I see it, there are only three steps in the process of cleaning up a financial mess (Although step three has quite a few sub-steps).

1. Denial/Resignation – If you’re here, you’ve probably gotten past this stage already. If you haven’t, and just sort of stumbled upon this blog, you might be thinking to yourself: “There’s nothing wrong with how I handle my money! Every American has 4 credit cards, car payments, student loans, and a mortgage. Debt is a tool that I can use to my advantage!”  -OR- You may be simply not believe that it’s possible to ever get your financial house in order. You’ll say things like “The hole is too deep”, or “I’ll never be able to afford what I want without borrowing money for it”. I’m here as living proof to tell you that you don’t have to live the rest of your life with payments to someone else. There is a better way, and I hope that I can convince you of that over the course of this blog.
  2. Anger – Do you see our good friend, The Hulk, down below, there? Good. Be like The Hulk. The Hulk gets mad, and then he smashes what he’s mad at. Conveniently, that brings us to step three.
  3. Intense Action – The Hulk gets mad and then he SMASHES, right? You need to take action in the same way that The Hulk does. Focus on your target, and destroy it mercilessly. I hope to give you some pointers on how to take that action appropriately and effectively.

So, what does the ideal life look like for you? That’s the first thing you have to identify for yourself. As with anything in life, you need a good “WHY”, before you can really dig into the “HOW”.  Here’s MY example (IE: WHY I wanted to change my financial habits):

My “WHY(S)”

• I want my wife to be able to quit her job so that she can do what she really wants to do: Raise our kids, at home, herself.
  • I want to be able to make decisions about my life without having to take the bank into account (IE: I Don’t want to have to worry about losing my car or home).
  • I want my family to live without fear that if something happens to me, they’ll have to sell everything they own and have to live on rice and beans to survive.
  • I want to be secure in knowing that if I lose my job or business takes a hit, that my family and I will be completely prepared, and we won’t have to stress out about it.
  • I don’t want to kill my wealth building power by paying interest to banks (Saving for retirement, large purchases, etc…)
  • I want to be able to give my money to those who need it (Charities/individuals), without hurting my own finances.
  • I want to be able to do the things I love to do, without having to feel like I’m robbing Peter to pay Paul to do it (In my case: Travel, and music).

So, the question at hand is this: What is your “Why”? I’d love to hear from some of you in the comments below!

Make sure to come back again tomorrow, to start on the “How”. If you’re serious about it, you’ll be back every weekday for the next four weeks, to learn how to follow in my footsteps toward a better life for you and your family.

Are you excited about starting your journey to financial independence? Share this post with the people you care about!

Published inUncategorized

Be First to Comment